Saturday, January 16, 2010

Aw the Mission

Tonight I went to a fireside for the Provo Mission to despedirme de Elder Salinas who was someone I taught/worked with in Chile. It was a very emotional experience for me that left me with tears for many reasons. First, it was powerful to hear each of the departing missionaries speak of the way that their missions changed their lives as they told stories of hardships, miracles and conversions. I was filled with enormous gratitude for having had the privilege of serving a mission. I got to serve a mission. Not every girl can say that, but I did and I am eternally grateful for that experience because, as those missionaries said tonight, that experience changed my life. Also, it was emotional for being to see a small fruit of my mission and to see the powerful influence one can have. Many people supported and helped Michael Salinas and I would never take credit for what he is today, but I did get to be a part of it and I feel grateful to see fruits of that labor. There he stood, strong. He has influenced countless during these last two years and I have no doubt that there will be countless more blessed because of him in Chile where he will be a great leader.

No comments: