Thursday, October 2, 2008

Meet the Family

Meet the family. I, Sarina Thomas, am the youngest of three children. I have two older brothers which means: I am the youngest AND the only girl. I have truly been treated like a princess having lived up to my name which is the Spanish derivative of Sarah meaning "little princess"
From left to right: Presleigh (niece), Dad, Mom, Mike (brother - Mikey to me), Dalan (Nephew), me, Kristen (sister-in-law). *Sophia Maria (cat) and Charley (dog) are also present and are also part of the family.
Like any family we have our quirks. My dad, for example, is an avid autograph collector and plays the electric guitar. My mom is from El Salvador and can fairly accurately predict anyones future. At Halloween she officially reads palms and calls herself Madame Zoila. We also hold annual easter egg hunts for the neighborhood dogs.
Speaking of dogs. This is Charlie - the family love. He was adopted from Lost Paws, an animal adoption agency. Charlie serves many purposes in our home . Most interesting and unknown to most, Charlie serves as a tool for acceptance into the Thomas family. My mom has always been careful to notice how any boy I bring home (or girl in the case of my brothers) treat our canine family member. She believes you can tell a lot about people by the way they treat animals. I share this tip only with those in which I have the most interest. Those that reciprocate that interest and are aware of this secret tip provide our greatest entertainment as we see the particular suitor smother Charlie with love in my mom's presence.

No comments: